Chautauqua County Initiatives
Last Updated: March 31, 2020, at 7:30 p.m.
Important! Federal Stimulus Information CARES Act
Producing COVID-19 Products for NYS
Is your company interested in manufacturing products for COVID-19 pandemic response?
Governor Cuomo has called on businesses to produce needed supplies related to COVID-19. Any company with the proper equipment or personnel to begin to manufacture personal protective equipment products is encouraged to visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/get-involved-how-you-can-help.
If you think your facility can help produce these items or has supply in stock, please email Empire State Development at COVID19supplies@esd.ny.gov AND fill out this form, so CCIDA can attempt to help you facilitate this process.
Emergency Working Capital Loan Program
In response to the COVID-19 crisis and the impact it is having on businesses throughout Chautauqua County, the County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency (CCIDA) is providing low-interest loans not to exceed $10,000 to businesses throughout Chautauqua County. This emergency funding, which originates from the Al-Tech Loan Fund, can be used for working capital needs, and the normal application and securitization requirements are being relaxed. While these emergency loans are to be paid back in their entirety, they will be interest-only for a minimum of three months, and leniency is being exercised in terms of normal collateral requirements. For more information or to apply for this program, please go here.
New York State
Workforce Reduction Mandate
- Mandated 100% Workforce Reduction of Non-Essential Employers is currently in effect
- This mandate applies to both profit and non-profit employers
- Employers are strongly encouraged to have employees work from home where and when possible
- The EO contains a list of essential businesses that are exempt from the mandatory reduction. These essential businesses include: essential health care operations, essential infrastructure, essential manufacturing, essential retail, essential services, news media, financial institutions, providers of basic necessities, construction and defense. Click here to see the full list of essential businesses and services.
NEW: If your business is not included in the link above but you believe it is essential or provides essential services, you can request designation from Empire State Development as an essential business by clicking here.
The EO provides for Empire State Development (ESD) to deem other employers essential. ESD will be providing additional guidance and is accepting questions here. You can also e-mail questions here COVID19BusinessWaiver@ESD.ny.gov.
For a list of essential services, please click here -> https://www.wivb.com/news/a-list-of-essential-services-defined-by-new-york-state/
Coronavirus Resource Guide
Buffalo Niagara Partnership 3.30.20 Webisode: COVID-19 Stimulus Details
Chautauqua County Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber of Commerce strongly encourages all businesses, regardless of size, to first and foremost ensure the safety of employees and customers and to be prepared for alternative business models as this situation is fluid and things are changing rapidly. The Chamber has compiled a list of resources and links that are designed to assist all businesses in Chautauqua County in the wake of the the COVID-19 pandemic and the ever-changing nature of our business climate. Please access those resources here -> https://www.chautauquachamber.org/covid-19-in-the-workplace.html
Local Restaurants Serving Take-Out
Numerous businesses are still working hard to keep their doors open even under limited circumstances. Many have already been managing takeout and delivery services, and others are ramping up quickly to provide good service in new ways. Go check them out here -> www.chqbuylocal.com
Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance
New York state has been approved as an Economic Injury Disaster state, so Chautauqua County small businesses can start the application process now.
SBDC at JCC is trained to assist with the SBA loan application process. Please call them at (716) 338-1024. For more information, please read this attachment. (This link points to a downloadable .pdf. If you don’t see it in your browser, please check your downloads folder.)
Chautauqua County Crisis Response Fund: COVID-19
On March 23, leaders from the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, United Way of Southern Chautauqua County, United Way of Northern Chautauqua County and Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation formally announced the creation of The Chautauqua County Crisis Response Fund: COVID-19.
More than $750,000 has been raised from philanthropic, government and business partners for a pool of centralized funds that will be rapidly deployed to community-based organizations disproportionally impacted by COVID-19, the economic consequences of the outbreak, community and organizational recovery and future community emergencies.
THE OGDEN NEWSPAPERS: Community Marketing Grant
Ogden Newspapers Community Grant Program. Applications must be submitted at: https://www.ogdennews.com/community-grant
Apply today, the OBSERVER will respond within 48 hours.
- Chautauqua County Department of Health
- New York State main page for all COVID-19 information
- Empire State Development Corporation (ESD) Covid-19 Web Portal and FAQ Page for individuals and businesses with business-related COVID-19. COVID-19 Related Resources | Empire State Development Resource Guide to COVID-19 SBA Disaster Loans
- Official News from Governor Cuomo’s Office: https://www.governor.ny.gov/news
- New York State Department of Labor Alerts https://www.labor.ny.gov/home/
- Chautauqua County Partnership For Economic Growth (CCPEG)
- For all tourism updates, please visit Chautauqua County Visitors COVID-19 Update page.
- Economic Development Presentation, “COVID-19: Preparing for What Comes Next”